Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday Freedom Tour Review

The day was very fun…and hot. We started off by heading to the Kennebunk rest stop where we bought a few items, mostly food and were off shortly again. The bus ride was pretty fun though, someone brought on cards and we played black jack and war, which are both pretty fun games I do have to admit. Electronics are not the answer on the bus ride, in fact they can get rather boring. We have an awesome bus driver, his name is Sampson and he’s really funny and cool. Best bus driver I’ve ever had. When we finally made it to New York I was amazed at the tall buildings, biggest ones I had ever seen in my life to be exact.  We went to the Apollo Theatre where a man by the name of Billy Mitchell gave a very inspiring speech on his upbringing and how he now helps run the theater, and also how we could do anything we put our mind to. Next we went to Central Park were we saw a very talented man playing guitar, that was my favorite part of the park.  After we went to a restaurant called, “KATZ’s DELI”.  They had huge sandwiches and large plates of fries. It was a pretty good restaurant overall, but a little confusing. When we got on the bus for the last time it was really hot. The bus went under a tunnel that was below the Hudson River, I wasn’t very comfortable with that. I was very dizzy as we went underneath thinking about how we were pretty much underwater. I was much better after we got out of it though. We made it to the hotel around 9:40 P.M. Overall it was a great day, after all you don’t get many chances to go to New York do you? I’m looking forward to the rest of the trip.

-Taylor F.

No comments:

Post a Comment