Tuesday, June 26, 2012

U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum

Today was an eye opening experience. Seeing the Holocaust Museum really brought everything to heart. To see and read about how people survived, died, supported, and fought in the Holocaust made me understand what it was like during that time. Many things disturbed me and were shocking, but made me more aware of how it truly affected people’s lives.  It made me more aware of how the Holocaust began, and how Hitler took over the Germans during his dictatorship. I also learned a lot about how the other countries reacted, and why it was a hard decision for America to decide whether or not to join the war. The museum had a lot of information, and was very helpful in understanding this period of time where life wasn’t always as good as it is now. After today I’m leaving with a new view on the Holocaust, and how I treat people from today on.

- Molly M.




Early morning when I rise leads to a great day, I would have to say. Today we entered the Holocaust Museum and Memorial.  I know personally I had no idea what my feelings would be like at the end of the four entire floors we walked through. Each floor showed different, interesting, eye-opening stories and experiences the Jews had to deal with. As I walked through each floor my heart would sink further and further. I would have to say that the saddest parts I experienced today were probably when I walked through the hallway and on either side of me were the Jews shoes. There were tons. As I walked in I literally gasped. I had no idea what to think, what to do, and I walked through speechless. Another touching part was “Daniel’s Story” and his entire exhibit. I have never in my life felt so bad for people or had so many different feelings falling into my heart at once. The Holocaust Museum and Memorial will be something I will never forget and will definitely always be in the back of my brain.

- Baylie C.



Today we went to the Holocaust Museum and there were many mixed feelings. As the group ventured through the museum we saw many new and disturbing exhibits and photos. The exhibit that was most disturbing was the one about the experiments that were performed on the Jews and other prisoners; I have never felt so bad for other people. It was a very moving experience that filled me with knowledge that I was unsure about.

- Hunter R.

No comments:

Post a Comment